It’s time for a good ol’ fashion game of tag! Best part? It’s all book and coffee related! So sit back, grab a cup of your favorite coffee and let’s get down to business!
1. Black: Name a series that’s tough to get into but has hardcore fans.
Easily Game of Thrones Series by George R.R. Martin. I’ve never seen the show and I cannot for the life of me get into the books. So many characters so fast! Tons of hardcore fans of the book series and the show. Maybe one day…
2. Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.
Hands down, Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. Whether you are rereading the series or watching the movies, you get into that festive spirit! Every Christmas I decorate my tree in Gryffindor colors. Perks of having your own home and tree!
3. Hot chocolate: What is your favorite children’s book?
I loved The Beast by R.L. Stine. A time traveling roller coaster is exactly what I need as an adult! I have tried this venture on many roller coasters. It remains the current year when I exit the ride.
4. Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
Still Missing by Chevy Stevens. This is a very frightening book. This is unlike other books I’ve read because of the kidnapping part. Yes, I carried mace with me after I reading this book.
5. Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.
I would say the 50 Shades Series by E.L. James. Haven’t read it and will never read it. Not into this type of book., but it’s everywhere.
6. That hipster coffee shop: Give a book by an indie author a shoutout
I honestly have no idea who to put here. It appears that everyone who is “Indie” becomes huge authors that I have read. Hopefully, I’ll find one soon that I enjoy.
7. Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Such a great book, but the ending dropped off. The ending of the book was a total disappointment for me. The rest of the book had me ready for a kick ass ending. If you’re expecting this, don’t read this book.
8. The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying.
I chose the Divergent Series by Veronica Roth. Who doesn’t love Four? Loved Divergent and Insurgent. Allegiant was bitter and terrible to be quite honest. The rest of the series was great despite this book.
I hope you enjoyed this tag and I’m tagging everyone to complete this! Happy Tuesday Folks!